COR’s support model focuses on ‘houses that become homes’, because they are:
- Accepting of the person, no matter what.
- Giving without any demand of receiving.
- Helping each person to become loving toward others.
- Allowing homes to be homes – not intruding with bureaucratic demands.
- Based on unconditional love.
- Welcoming and hospitable.
- Focused on sharing and working together.
- Comforting during times of turmoil.
- Forgiving during times of ‘misbehavior’.
- COR will provide support in accordance with the contractual obligations of its funders within the framework of Gentle Teaching and Person Centeredness.
- Support through COR is tailored to reflect the individuality of people.
- COR is a culture of continuous learning that puts people’s dignity and respect as its foundational principle.
- COR respects the value and individuality of all people.
- COR values interdependence and recognizes the strengths of all.
- COR values the opportunity of full participation for every citizen.
- COR fosters a culture of ongoing reflection and continuous learning.
- COR respects the autonomy of every individual.
- COR seeks to empower individuals to live the life they choose.
- To develop and facilitate flexible, personalized supports for individuals experiencing disability.
- To support an individual regardless of their abilities when appropriate resources are available.
- To ensure support is designed to meet what matters most to the individuals we serve.
- To collaborate with an individual’s personal and professional network to promote success.
- To welcome, encourage and support the involvement of families and personal networks in the lives of the individuals and all aspects of the organization.
- To develop partnerships with community organizations who share a common vision.
- To maintain a fiscally responsible organization.
welcome to COR
what our friends have to say
“When I think of other organizations that understand the purpose of our role in lives of others I think of COR. We’ve been fortunate to partner with COR and always walk away feeling more inspired to create the culture we all deserve. The role of leadership is paramount to an organization’s ability to provide the highest quality of support and this is evidenced by COR’s exemplary training, mentoring, and Inclusion initiatives. The future of support is brighter because of COR and for that we can all be grateful.”
“COR sees past disability to the heart of each person. They celebrate and encourage. They recognize everyone’s story and history and reach out to embrace with gentleness and kindness. Trust takes time and COR stays steady and true. I love watching people grow and flourish in the safety of being allowed to be themselves. Family’s fears slowly diminish as relationships develop and expand. The impact of that on our community is profound. Thank you Creative Options Regina for your passion and heart.”
“The culture at COR is one that all Service Providers should aspire to create for those they serve as well as their caregivers. To see the genuine warmth, caring and understanding shared between people served and their supports is truly inspiring. COR has become a world leader in the Gentle Teaching community and we are proud to partner with them as part of the Gentle Teaching Canada Network. We see the commitment to Gentle service from the top to bottom throughout the organization and it changes lives for the better….Congratulations and a big thanks to everyone at COR for all that they do!!”
“Working with Creative Options Regina has really changed the way we do business. The general idea of ‘gentle teaching’ is so pervasive and it’s changed the way we work with clients.”
“We feel privileged to have made such a deep connection with our friends at COR. Because of our shared philosophy in Gentle Teaching, we have created a partnership and continue to exchange what we have learned. The folks at COR are open to learning, growing and sharing their knowledge with their immediate community, as well as the community of caregivers worldwide. We continue to be humbled at the opportunity to be on this journey with such an innovative, motivated and caring group of people. We are excited to see what the future holds as COR continues to broaden the scope of the supports they provide to others.”
“I have had the honor to work alongside COR for the past few years and I am encouraged and impressed as they look at each and every person as a unique individual. COR strives to really listen to people’s life stories!”