Through instruction, demonstration and practice, students will learn adult resuscitation and first aid procedures for life-threatening emergencies. This course meets Saskatchewan Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
What you will learn:
- How to respond to emergencies
- The EMS system
- The 3 key principles in First Aid – Check, Call, Care
How to deal with:
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing & Circulation Emergencies
First Aid for:
- Respiratory & Cardiac Arrest
- Head & Spine Injuries
- Bone Muscle & Joint Injuries
- Wound Care
- How to deal with sudden medical conditions and environmental emergencies
Prerequisites for Recertification:
- Students must have a current certificate that is not expired to qualify for the recertification course.
- Current certification must be recognized by St. John’s Ambulance, Canadian Red Cross, The Lifesaving Society, the Canadian Heart & Stroke Foundation or the Canadian Ski Patrol.
COR reserves the right to cancel a course 2 weeks prior to the course date if we have not received a minimum number of registrations. If this does occur, participants will have the option to move their registration to a future date or receive a full refund. Please see our full cancellation policy here.